Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Project 29er, Take Four...

Yes, I've gone and done it once again. I've started another 29er project. This time I hope to stick with it and give it more of a go than before. Why am I doing this you might ask? Well, I am telling myself that this is going to be my do everything bike; commuting to work to save gas money and the environment, racing CX monster style, running to the liquor store, cruising for babes, backyard skills course playing, wheelie poppin', skid-markin' and whatever else my super-sweet-bad-ass 26" SS is not reserved for. Don't get me wrong...I'm not crossing over yet. I will still be seen blazing trails on my 26" bike. I will still be racing my 26" bike. This new project is going to be for all of those less glam moments when you just need to get from point A to point Z with style.
I am still not totally sure where I am going with this build. I am thinking COMFORT and a mix-match of goods from my parts bin. So far however it is color coordinated almost too well and looking almost like I meant to do so. I am trying out a Mary Bar, which I think will suck on technical terrain but be sweet ergonomically on my trashed elbows. I am still about 50/50 on single speed vs. fixed, and that will all depend on what wheel set I can pick up on-the-cheap. I'm also still looking for a carbon fork (the one in the photo does not exactly belong to me...yet). Otherwise I am pretty psyched with the components; Kona Unit Steel Frame with sliding drop-outs, King Headset, Thomson stem and post, Race Face Turbine Cranks, WTB saddle and Avid BB7's. I think its a good start and I hope someone out there is going to magically have a wheel set collecting dust that they can send my way for mere pennies. Then I can get this shit-circus on the trail. More to come as progress is made.

2 comments:

Zac said...

I'll buy it off of you when you realize clown wheels aren't for you yet again. ;)

Burnsey said...

I am sticking it out this time, I swear!