Thursday, January 20, 2011

One Step Closer (29er project)...

 So with winter comes my 29er project. Mostly a parts-bin style build, meaning I am not spending much $ on this rig and am pretty much grabbing the parts on a free or beer-trade basis (more-less). I'm pretty psyched to get her out for a test-ride as soon as I figure a few more things out. I'm having a little trouble with some second (or third) hand BB7 mechanical disc brakes giving me a headaches due to the fact that they are in less than desirable condition...and I might be missing a few small pieces...

So moving on to the build list;
-Kona Unit 29 Steel Frame
-Surly Karate Minkey Fork
-Bontrager Race Lite Wheel set w/ SS spacer kit
-Geax Segaurro 2.2 Rubber
-Race Face Turbine Forged Cranks, 175
-Salsa 34t ring
-Surly 19t cog
-Sram 8-speed chain
-Crank Bros Candy Pedals
-Hope Headset
-Thomson Stem and Post
-Bontrager Big Sweep Bars
-Yeti Lock-on Grips
-Real 'old school' Levers
-WTB Slim Line Saddle
-Salsa Clamp
-Avid BB7 Mechanical Disc Brakes
-Salsa QR Skewers
-Spot Bash-ring



I think that once I can save my allowance and can buy a carbon fork and get the tires set-up tubeless, this will be a fun and mean little bitch!

No comments: