Monday, November 28, 2011

Tale of a Good Ride...

P-dub came over last night. He's in town from Cali and we always plan some kind of shenanigans when were together. Tall Bitch wanted in on the action, and he too is always down for craziness; So the night began...
P-dub and I started the evening with some backyards skills course action. Conditions were grim, slightly muddy which made the skinnies and log rides wicked hard, slick and scary. I was egging [him] on to keep trying all of the stunts. I think there was only one really good crash before we heard Tall Bitch driving up the hill in Quadzilla (the 4x4 van monster travel machine) and we headed back to the house for refreshments.
Soon we were fueled with all we needed for an evening in the saddle. The three of us hit-up some nice dirt singletrack and gravel, eventually leading us to a nice little area with ample lumber and picnic tables that just screamed 'playground'. We moved things around and constructed a good little up ramp to two linked picnic tables and then a steep down back to earth. Many attempts were made until we started getting too cold, and we headed out for more single track goodness.
One small detailI forgot to mention is the fact that I loaned my only light unit to P-dub. I was doing the entire ride, by choice, sans light. Why not make things more challenging right? Next time my light dies on the trail I will be one-up on those who never train for it.
I think all said and done we rode for around 2 hours in the sub-freezing temps. We had a great time - it was good to see ol'  P-dub. The post ride refreshments were excellent and after chatting it up into the wee hours, we called it a night. Riding bikes is stupid fun.

1 comment:

Tall Bitch said...

Stupid fun was had ...