Sunday, October 16, 2011

Man Train...

Don't let the title get you too excited (especially you Casey F. Ryback). Rather, imagine my trusty Single Speed with an Adams Trail-a-bike attached behind and then a Burley trailer attached to the back of that. Yep, a three person rig all powered by me, hauling myself and two little pirates on an adventure.
This weekend I took my two boys to the Double Ogg Dare Festival at Shawnee Mission Park to check out the place and support the park and it's endeavours to turn what was once a horse farm into a huge outdoor experience for the local city dwellers. We had a great time peddling up Ogg road, one of the most bad ass climbs in KC, then on to some gravel and grass shredding. The Original Pirate showed up on her trusty Surly Instigator to rally with the family and we chowed on some nice grilled food and beer, went on a hayride tour of the land and listened to some live bluegrass music. Can't say it could have been much better.
But as it goes it did in fact get better as I met Farmer at BuRP for great ride of everything North of Blue & Blue. I had a good time trying to keep a good pace and an even better time watching Farmer crash-his-brains out on the hard technical sections that make BuRP so rad. I guess he did not really crash that hard, just glad it wasn't me.
Two rides in one day plus beer, food, family and friends. I'd say it was one helluva good Saturday.

No comments: