Friday, June 12, 2009

Ode to Ranski...

Randy (a.k.a. Ranski) is the type of guy who is always smiling or making some kind of funny remark. He is always game for some fun and adventure. Ranski and I met some years ago during time spent climbing mountains, ice and rock with the Kansas City Climbing Club. We've enjoyed some fun times around the campfire and I am sure there will be many more.
Just before the race last Saturday, Ranski showed some interest in joining us and shooting photos of the event. I thought this would be a great opportunity for him to get outside and have some fun. We had an extra seat in the truck and since I look so good in photos, why not drag him along?
We get to the race venue and Ranski instantly disappears. He is off scoping locations on the course to shoot from. I love it when a fella is psyched about his work.
I'm ready for my pre-lap and he is still no where to be found. Once on the course I finally run into him; he is setting up his climbing rope in a tree so he can suspend himself above the course and get some birds-eye shots...sweet! Now I'm even more psyched to see some post-race photos.
I'll leave it at that for now, just a tease... and the 'tease' is in direct correlation to Ranski sending me over these few 'teaser' post race images. I will show-off more of his work as soon as he gives me his blessing. Thanks Ranski!

'Money Shot' of Cameron

Post race photo of yours truly testing out the newly found research on rehydration.

No comments: