Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Hell yeah...

I've got a family, as most of you punks know. We all love to ride bikes and every weekend we do a family ride. We hook-up the Burley, the Trail-a-bike and get some fresh pave' action. We hit a few parks for the kiddos to play like monkeys, have a picnic, and get in some mileage. Rolling these rides, pulling the little people in a caboose behind my plastic race bike is far from optimal. I decided to splurge on a new 'family ride/bar ride/grocery bike'. Here she is in all her glory - a mid '80s Specialized Hardrock. A real mans bike if I've ever seen one. I know you are super jealous, just look at this rare beauty. Life just took a turn for the better. Ready to shred the gnar...
And for those inquiring minds - I'm having a hard time NOT converting this beast into a single speed pave' machine. Thoughts on why I should or should not?

No comments: