Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Choosing Paint Colors...

Someone told me once "Never stress about paint colors...you can always change it later if you don't love it". Same goes for how you build your bikes. I have just converted my Rock Lobster from Fixed Gear into my new single speed race bike. Why the hell would I do such a horrible thing? Well, I wanted to do an experiment. My elbow tendinitis is kicking me pretty hard these days and so I bought one of those fancy squishy forks to keep the pain level down to tolerable and to allow me to ride longer. Since the upcoming race is a 6 hour, I figured 'what the heck, give it a go...you can always change it back to a fixed gear after the race'. I hope all goes as planned.

Of course...I had to get a new wheel set, because the Rock Lobster is a disc only frame, and my fixed gear wheel set is rim-brake only. This also required the purchase of some disc brakes and some new rubber. Special thanks to Travis and Craig for helping me get this ride rolling.

Drum roll please...

You cannot have a new bike build laying around without hitting the dirt, it will drive you insane. I made it out today for a few laps around the backyard mini-trail. I think I'm going to like this bike!

No comments: