Friday, April 10, 2009

Full Moonty...

Wednesday - After a day of perfect weather, with myself stuck working for 99% of it, I had the crazy urge to get out and ride, but it was dark now, late. I was sitting in the hot tub with my wife enjoying the peace and quiet of the evening when it hit me, "I've got to go on a night ride, full moon style". I gathered my gear and departed from my house around 10 p.m. It was amazing how little I needed to have my light turned on, and how often I could just ride by the moonlight only. Sometimes a log or rock would sneak up on me, hidden in the shadows, but with my new suspension fork I was at ease knowing I'd just float over anything in my path. Other times I could see perfectly and would mash-it, hauling ass through the semi-darkness. I saw not a soul during my two hour endeavour in the woods nor did I hear a peep. The occasional glow of deer eye's in the distance was my only ghostly companion during this adventure. What a way to end a long work day, even when I thought I had missed my chance to go out and play. Night rides are a grand experience and highly recommended.

No comments: