Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tour De Shawnee

Sunday was the official Tour De Shawnee, a fun filled family style bike ride in my hood. Kelly, Seamus and I packed up our goods and headed over to the ride start to meet Jeannie, Andre, Erin, Jeff, Jack and Grace. We chose the 11ish mile route, which was great and fairly hill-free. I was pulling Seamus in the Burley trailer and riding my Surly Cross Check while Kelly was on her Surly Instigator. We had a fun ride with friends and proceeded to head over to Andre's casa for a BBQ afterwards. Nothing better than a bike ride followed by a relaxing day in a friends backyard drinking fine malt beverages and eating food fresh off the grill!!
I was told by many folks that Seamus and I are now famous, being seen televised on channel 4 news; me riding with my cow town jersey and pulling him in the trailer during the ride. I'll be signing autographs this weekend in Arkansas, at the one and only Sam's Throne climbing area. Be there or be square!

Andre and Erin enjoying the perfect ride...

On a side note; the weather here in KC has been great! Temps have been in the 60's and 70's, perfect for commuting to work, which I have been trying to do as much as possible - so that I can open a can of whoop-a$$ at the KC Cup race next month at Swope...YAHOO!

No comments: