Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Taco Tuesday...

Success is key in life. You have to make things happen, will it. So far I'm at almost 90% complete as to my goal of riding all the local trails before my move to the Rockies. I have (2) weeks to complete this challenge. I'm not wooried.
< T-Donn - WhiteMike - Handleballs >
Last night was my last ride at BuRP with the local Taco Tuesday crowd. I met Handleballs, Jailbait, El Blanco Miguel and T-Donn for what would be a fun and casual ride in near perfect conditions. Per standard pirate regiment, we stopped at several of the harder obstacles and gave multiple sends, or fails. We chatted-it-up with pals as paths were crossed. We placed wagers of beers bought on who could make certain sections w/o dabbing. Always making the ride more fun than training, always.
Short clip of the Pirate riding the Highline Skinny

Generally we just had a great time riding bikes on one of Kansas City's oldest and best trail systems. I'm impressed with the quantity and quality of riding that the KC Metro area has to offer - a true pirate treasure of sorts here in the Midwest. If you're ever traveling through the country on I-70, take the time to stop and ride some dirt. It's well worth every bloody minute.

No comments: