Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cog-o-licious...

I gave away my prize Phil Wood rear flip-flop hub to a friend as a graduation/b-day gift. I am really wishing I had kept it now, since I currently do NOT have a fixed gear mountain bike in my stable. There is something about a fixie and winter that mix well; like the ingredients of an Irish Car Bomb. Delicious and unmatched.
So I was paroosing the interweb searching for ideas when "WHAM"!!! I remembered the Tomicog. What a novel yet basic idea on how to enable the average Joe to run any 5 bolt disc hub as a fixed gear. My fingers did the walking as I instantly ordered an eighteen. I'll be like a kid on Christmas morning for the next week awaiting it's arrival!

Let's see...$30 Tomicog OR $200+ for a new rear wheel? TOMICOG! Just think of all the beer I can buy with the money I saved.

1 comment:

Rasta Rider said...

dammit! now i have to spend that on a new wheel...

i do love your wood tho. nice, smooth, and shiny.