Monday, November 22, 2010

Vicious Cycles - Monolith...

Over the weekend I was able to get my new Vicious Cycles Monolith Single Speed built-up. I enjoy building up new bikes and this was no exception. The Reynolds 853 steel frame is light and the Vicious paint job is awesome. I could not believe how great this frame looked when I pulled it from the box. My expectations were blown out of the water for sure. Dougy-Fresh hooked me up with this rig and I am very psyched and grateful to him for sending the frame my way. I have already made use of the sweet bottle opener that is welded to the bottom of the rear triangle… a couple of times.

So as you loyal Blog-readers know, I broke my Rock Lobster in August and this is it’s replacement. Special Thanks to Sean at the Trek store for taking a few minutes to help me swap the BB and Headset off the Rock Lobster and onto the new Monolith. That saved me about an hour of driving to the Ethos Racing Garage to do it myself! Almost all of the components are directly off the old Rock Lobster build.
 
Build List for you Tech Freaks: 22 lbs

Vicious Cycles Monolith SS Steel Frame – Team Paint
Thomson Stem & Post
Chris King Headset
Ritchey Carbon Low Rise Bar
Ergon GX-1 Grips
Avid Juicy Seven Hydraulic Disc Brakes
Pace RC-31 rigid Carbon Fork
WTB Silverado Saddle
White Industries ENO Cranks
32 tooth White Industries Chainring
17 tooth White Industries ENO Freewheel
Crank Brother Candy Ti Pedals
SRAM 8-speed Chain
Chub SS Hubs
DT Swiss 42D Rims
Maxxis Crossmark 2.1 Rear Tire (tubeless)
Specialized The Captain 2.2 Front Tire (tubeless)
Salsa Lip Lock Collar
Bontrager Race Lite Cages
Shimano Square Taper BB


So she’s built and ready for a ride. I hope [that] happens very soon. When it does, you’ll hear about it!







1 comment:

dougyfresh said...

YES!

Looks great. Glad you are enjoying it. Told you it was in great shape.

Its great to see it in its new life. Be good to it.