Monday, November 22, 2010

SMP Double Dipper...

Saturday I ran out for a quick test ride on the new digs. Had a fun time all alone at Shawnee Mission Park. Did a solid lap and am loving the Monolith. I am however looking forward to a call from BikeSource with news of either my Fox or White Brothers suspension forks being repaired and ready to pick-up. I am having some major tendonitis issues riding the baby-head, rock-garden madness that SMP provides. Since SMP is in my backyard, I’d prefer to be a bit more comfortable riding there (I’m there at least twice a week and am getting totally rattled). So with that said, my first changes to the new build is going to be a suspension fork. Call me a pussy, I can take it.



Sunday Night I hooked up with my good bros Travis and Jesse. Travis, Jesse, Cameron, Kevin and I are the founders of Ethos Racing. It’s always more than fun to ride with this crew and especially these two…being that we’ve been rock climbing pals for going on 15 years.

Jesse had his new build out for it’s maiden voyage; a Fixed Gear Specialized Stumpy 29er. F-ing Jesse, the ”Manimal” was riding that sucker like he was born on it. It was ride two for me on the Monolith and Travis was just riding for fun on his blingy carbon full suspension after a bummer of a day CX racing (blew off his chain and bent the crap out of his rings and more…). So we headed out for one of my members only rides; the complete mountain bike loop and a few miles of top secret 'other' trail in the darkness. I must have wrecked six freakin times. All ended well and we followed [that] action up by tossing back a few of these…


I am loving the new SS. Feels great and will feel even better with a squishy fork, can’t wait. YAHOO!!!

2 comments:

dswilly said...

Lower your tire pressure down to about 20psi like riding on silk

Burnsey said...

David,

I always run low psi...and 20 is where I was at. I'm old and my elbows are worked from 20 years of rock climbing. I'm gonna puss-out and go squishy...I'm calling bullshit on your "riding on silk" comment from personnal experience :)