Monday, September 13, 2010

Training Wheels...

Things have mellowed out a bit and I am getting back to a more regular riding schedule. The KC Cup race is coming up this weekend and I am trying to sack-up enough to try and race on the fixie, trying NOT to be a bitch and flip the hub to the freewheel side. Who knows what will happen! I have been hitting my local SMP trail a night or two a week and have headed out to Swope as much as possible to familiarize myself with the newer trails and race course...and the bike! I know I am currently geared way to hard for Swope. It kicks my a$$ every ride. The hills, the technical sections; I just can't stay on top of my gear. I figure this is just training for the race. I'll slap on a bigger cog and feel like I am flying. It will be bliss...
So as you know I am down to one bike, the fixed gear. I am trying to re-learn how to ride. I am slow and am still changing components to try and get the fit correct. I am almost there. The rigid death machine has been treating my old and feeble body as good as one can expect. My Specialized 2.2 up front as suspension is doing about all it can to keep my elbows from rattling off. Life is good.
Hope to see some of you at the KC Cup on Sunday. I'll be there to ride, have a great time and see if i can make it to the finish line in front of at least one other SS rider. I have no doubt that it will be a helluva fun three laps on some great trail.

No comments: