Monday, August 16, 2010

If it's broken, Fixie it...

I have to say, I am saddened by the news that I might have to pull-the-plug on my Rock Lobster. After my Birthday ride at the River Trails with Nick and Brad, I had the unfortunate experience of my co-pilot driving into the garage with the loyal steed atop the suby. Either my head tube is cooked, my White brothers Magic fork is toast or best case scenario its just the King headset that's trash. I took her apart and at first visual inspection I know the fork is toast, and have hopes that ol' Travis can have a look-see and tell me about the Head tube. I hate that when I am down to ONE bike, it gets totally f&%Ckered! So anyway...I call Pyro and beg him to sell me back my good old Gunnar Fixie so I can at least ride (or try too). Pyro obliges the sale and I grab the Gunnar and head home to make some modifications. I have to change some parts, add a front end, clean and lube and flip the rear flip-flop hub back to the fixed cog.

Blah Blah Blah long story short, I went to SMP for a ride last night and had a great time. I have to say that the "winter fixie" riding I tend to do has not prepared me for the difficulty of mountain biking on technical single track during the fast and flowy summer months. I have a lot of learning to do...

No comments: