Monday, October 19, 2009

Sunshine Divine...

A-freaking-men! The sun FINALLY came out. The gloomy gray weather has ended...at least for now. I made it through the a week of the flu and am now ready to get back in the saddle. Today was the day (Sunday) so I met Travis (a.k.a. the trail a$$hole) at at his trail. The tread was dry, leaf covered and scary-good. The rocks were slicker than a greased-possum, making the techie section a real bear, sending me into the earth more than once. I guess I was not fully recovered from the flu because I could barely ride. I bet ol' Travis waited for me at least six times in as many miles. At one point I just wanted to walk my bike, but I trudged-onward. We checked out some of the new trails being cut in Swope Park after our ride. Man, this area is going to be a destination for sure. The terrain is just too wicked-cool not to attract more than the locals. So here is too the divine sunshine, thank you for showing your face and bringing me out of the gloom...

No comments: