Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hump Day Bliss...

Man, the rain was headed to our neck-of-the-woods at a fast pace – according to the radar. Shoffner and I had plans to ride…somewhere, preferably DIRT. I was dying, just waiting for him to get out of class so we could beat the weather and have a good time tearing around...as the sprinkles started coming down. At this point any mere mortal would have put his tail between his legs and called it a night, headed to the local bar and told fishing stories all night long; but not me. Shoffner finally called and was headed to my place for an adventure ride. The rain was not coming down enough to make the ground wet under the canopy of trees in my yard, so we figured the trails would be golden. We were right! We headed out from my place at 7:30 with lights. Down the Lawrence hill and into the Mill Creek trail system just long enough to cross the creek into SMP. Once in the park we hit some good single track and gravel to get us to the mountain bike trails. We blazed the purple loop, the red spur and finally the orange. I’ll say it again; the trails were in perfect shape! YAHOO! We then head out on a mission to continue our dirt single track endeavors and had great success in adding about 6 more miles to our ride. What a freaking awesome time followed by what else but a nice cool beverage. The rain barely hit the area and it was bone dry on the trails as well as the pavement by the time we arrived back at my place around 9:45. I guess you suckas that stayed home because you were scared of melting are wishing you would have sacked-up and made it out for Hump Day. It’s raining today and I have no regrets…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just yesterday there was a couple hour break in the rain here in Jersey. It was still sprinkling, but not enough to stop me from going out. I had to try out my new SS 29'er. It was fantastic. No one was in the park. I owned the trails, the air was damp and cool, the mud was fresh and tasty.. haha.

In short, I love going out when most will sit home and play XBox. Rock out

Burnsey said...

It IS great to get out on a crappy-weather day for sure...but I ALWAYS avoid the mud! Nothing worse than a thrashed trail...as the trail during our hump-day ride was dry, even dusty in spots.