Friday, July 24, 2009

Time for some PAIN...

It's been a great week for riding. I got out a few times but the best ride was at Swope Wednesday night. I arrived about an hour late, missing my opportunity to be graced with the presence of one SCotter and ended up doing two laps alone before running into Shoffner and Steele. We then cranked out a lap together before darkness came. After a quick rehydration session at the cars, these boys dawned there light rigs and I opted for some Jedi training by riding another lap w/o lights. It was pretty sweet to ride such a challenging trail in the moonless night. I had to Fred Flinstone it through a few of the more technical sections, but for the most part I was able to crank as fast as a high-centered turtle before a rain storm. Needless to say it was a grand time, I was spent but ready for the weekends festivities...
Sunday is the Flint Hills Death Ride. Am I a complete idiot for doing this 70-80 mile dirt ride in possible 90 degree temps and 90% humidity on a single speed? Maybe so, but it's all I have and I am going for it! I figure this will be either a great training race for the Leadville 100, which is coming up in a few weeks, or my doom. I will keep you posted on my success or you can read my obituary in the Monday paper...
Happy trails...

No comments: