Monday, November 23, 2009

Winter is coming...

And that means Fixed gear mayhem. I don't know why I put myself through the pain, but I just can't express how much fun riding a fixie in the leaves and snow can be. It's like four-wheel-drive, really it is. Here is my newly built, parts-bin Gunnar Ruffian (21.8 lbs. of pure monster truck lunacy). I have to say that for those interested, this bike is and or will be for sale over the next few weeks/month. I want to play with her a few rides at least before i have my heart broken, but I need the doh more than I need an extra bike, argh!

So the build is as follows:
  • 19" Gunnar Rufian Steel Frame
  • Pace RC31 Carbon Fork
  • Avid Elixer CR Front Disc Brake
  • Roval Traversse Front wheel
  • Conti Rubber (front)
  • Chris King Headset
  • Thomson X4 Stem
  • Truvativ Team Carbon Riser bar
  • Oury Lock-on Grips
  • Thomson Elite Lay-back post
  • WTB Rocket V Team saddle, Ti
  • Salsa Clamp
  • Race Face Turbine cranks & Bash ring
  • Surly Flip-flop Hub & track Cog
  • SRAM 9-speed chain
  • Crank Bro Pedals

I'd take $1000 for her OBO.

No comments: