Sunday, December 11, 2011

In Between The Lines...

No doubt, Old Man Winter has arrived. Along with [him] the dreaded freeze/thaw cycle has begun - at every single trail within an hours drive of KC.  
My experience at Swope just a few nights ago was great, the trail was as dry as a bone. We've had zero precipitation since, but now that temps are fluctuating below and above (but near) freezing, any daylight riding must be done first thing in the morning or you're getting muddy. I don't always have the fortune to choose my riding times, so I go when I can. Today that lead me on an quest to avoid pavement AND mud; a challenge indeed,
I had a few errands to run, so I loaded up my bike and gear and headed off to scout some potential trail. As luck had it, I found just that; a 2-3 mile loop of featured rogue trail that gave me just what I needed. There was single track, double track, logs, rocks, burmed corners, bumps, jumps, and great views. I envisioned a race here - with a few dozen fun loving, adventure bound, out-of-the-box thinking pals. All for fun of course, and for the shenanigans. Hmmm... I think it's gonna happen,,,

No comments: